LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Goggle, YouTube and many other Social Media platforms are simply tools like the hammer that can be used to make or break items. However Social Media is also disruptive and it helps you build an economic engine. Here I am sharing three STRATEGIES to leverage your Social Media engagement.
- CEO Strategy: Jeff Weiner CEO of LinkedIn utilizes this strategy very effectively. If you may observe; 70% of his engagement (Like, Comment) happens with content originating from his employees and balance 30% outside the LinkedIn. When an authority engages with your content, it’s amplified. Just like Ophra Winfrey endorsing your book. In 2009, “ You’re Not One of Them” Uwem Akpan’s short-story collection about Africa, rocketed to No. 9 on USA TODAY’s list when endorsed by Ophra Winfrey bookclub. (His publisher reported 77,000 copies in print before Winfrey; 780,000 copies reprinted with the “O” logo on the cover.)
- EDUCATE & Empower YOUR EMPLOYEE TO BECOME YOUR BRAND AMBASSADORS: According to the Edelman Trust Barometer, ( Research 2009 – 2014) trust in CEOs has been declining, but trust in company employees has grown. Knowing this, companies should develop a strategy to educate and empower their employees to be brand advocates on social media. LinkedIn employees are practicing it and Jeff Weiner CEO of LinkedIn is encouraging the practice.
- 1000 True Fans: Kevin Kelly Post “ A creator, such as an artist, musician, photographer, craftsperson, performer, animator, designer, video maker, or author – in other words, anyone producing works of art – needs to acquire only 1,000 True Fans to make a living.” Points a – e mentioned below from Seth Godin Blog post “First, organize 1,000”
- 1,000 people each spending $1,000 on a special interest cruise equals a million dollars.
- 1,000 people willing to spend $250 to attend a day-long seminar gives you the leverage to invite just about anyone you can imagine to fly in and speak.
- 1,000 people voting as a bloc can change local politics forever.
- 1,000 people willing to try a new restaurant you find for them gives you the ability to make an entrepreneur successful and change the landscape of your town.
- Even better, coordinating the learning and connections of this tribe of 1,000 is not just profitable, it’s rewarding. If you can take them where they want to go, you become indispensable (and respected).
The above three strategies may seem mundane but there impact is profoundly amplified. Hence leverage it to the best of your advantage.