Passport, Driving license or Emirates id without your photo (your head shot) is a piece of worthless paper. Similarly LinkedIn profile without a Photo…… immediately raises concerns on your profile authenticity. So avoidhara-kiri and put in a Smart photo to your LinkedIn Profile.
Your profile photo is the first field viewers’ check-in and makes a snap decision if he should explore your profile. Hence it’s important you catch the viewers’ attention with rock solid Profile photo. In this blog post I will share pointersgarnered from my experience and education from other profiles.
- PROFESSION: Dress and look professional that reflects your industry image. Sales or a banker – wear a suit and a tie. Chef – you can wear your chef suit and the hat.
- PHOTO: Your photo is YOUR photo and not your photo with your pet, car or a celebrity.
- DRESS: Suite and a tie is the best attire. Preferably wear a dark suite and a blue tie with a solid background.
- SMILE: When shooting; smile or practice shots saying words ending with AH – Pizza, Mocha, Yoga.
- POSTURE: Maintain tall, drawn upward posture – it says a lot and paints confidence on your face.
- LIGHT: Shoot in the natural light or have a professional photographer shoot in a professional studio mimicking natural light.
- ASYMMETRICAL SHOT: Have a head shot that is asymmetrical (A little side angle shot). Research says asymmetrical shots appear more humane.
People have short attention span of 8 – 9 seconds probably shorter than a gold fish memory. So ensure your profile photo is THE HOOK for the viewers to spend time on your profile.