LinkedIn Skills & Endorsements and Recommendations are the engine that helps Recruiters find you. They may be a small share of the profile but it reflects Social Proof for Recruiters and extends you an edge over other shortlisted candidates. Here is my take on the two …..
Skills & Endorsements:
- LinkedIn limits 50 skills to be displayed on your Profile.
- REDUCE CLUTTER: Select between 25 – 30 relevant skills and add it to your Profile. Begin with 10 skills and then increase it to 25 or 30.
- REMOVE NON-RELEVANT SKILLS: In the event you have been endorsed for irrelevant skill set; promptly remove it and investigate (Profile) why such skill set appears on your profile. (Sometime back CRM skill (non-relevant) appeared in my profile)
- KEY SKILLS: Among the 25 – 30 skills identify 4 skills that are your key skills and your Profile’s driving engine. Sprinkle those skills in your Title, Summary profile, experiences and your Blog Posts.
- ENGAGE: (Like, Share, Comment) Engage your connections content that include mention of those key words ( 4 Skill Set)
- TRENDING SKILLS: Search for Trending Skills in your industry domain and include them as part of your Top 6 skills. Such as if you are in Information Technology industry, its SMAC ( Social Media, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud Computing)
- SEO: Your key skills (Top 4 skills) are your SEO hence ensure that your every engagement incorporates mention of those skills.
- SOCIAL PROOF: Recommendations are a Social Proof. If I speak about my achievements, it’s called BOASTING but if others mentions it, it’s called RECOMMENDATIONS.
- WHO SHOULD RECOMMEND YOU: Your immediate boss followed by business head at your customer is the right recommendation author. The most valued recommendation is from your immediate boss. Keep a lookout for such opportunity to request your boss or your customer for recommendations.
- Include your top four key skills in your recommendations
- STORY: Let your recommendations author include a story; why they are recommending you.
Your LinkedIn profile is your DIGITAL REPUTATION working 24×7, empowering others to find you online.
Note: You would like to build a Powerful LinkedIn Profile? I would mentor first 3 for the next 30 days for a small fee and being part of Linkedin Story. Click HERE to find more.