LinkedIn has around 460 Million members, 4 million Company pages and around 2.2 Million Groups. This database is a seller’s delight provided he can sift meaningful intelligence out of it.
Sales & Marketing can sift meaningful intelligence out of LinkedIn Database by using three simple tools i.e Search, Advance Search and Boolean search. And these are free tools. I understand very soon Advance search feature may not be available free but as a paid service part of Sales Navigator hence make hey while the sun shines.
Lets assume today (Date: January 2, 2017) I want to research on word “Referral”, hence I simply key in “Referral” in the “search bar” ( Located on the top) and press enter. The system vomits information load in various categories and formats on a single screen as follows
- 582,329 results for referral ( These are members who have Referral in their title)
- 2,000 Groups results for referral ( These are Groups with mention of referral)
- 20 Jobs results for referral ( These are number of jobs with a mention of Referral)
- 11,665 Companies results for referral ( These are number of jobs with a mention of Referral)
And every output is followed with few example names. Lets assume Now I need more specific information I can use “ADVANCE” feature (task bar located on your left with further drilled downed information). And if I need further filtering I can uses Boolean search methodology to get more targeted intelligence. Such as
- Referral AND Sales (“AND” narrows a search.)
- Referral OR Sales (“OR” adds possible options)
- Referral NOT Sales ( “NOT” excludes words from a search)
If you can master Search, Advance search and Boolean search you can get meaningful intelligence and save time towards extracting intelligence out of LinkedIn