One question always pops up whenever I am conducting LinkedIn workshops. Who should I send invite and it leaps frog farther – what invite I should not accept? Professionals have different opinion but my simple recommendations would be adopt “Q2” Strategy that is QUALITY (Invites that you send) and QUANTITY (invites that you receive). And I am sharing PRACTICAL POWERFUL and PRODUCTIVE advice on LinkedIn Connection Strategy.
- Begin with a goal to build your connections inventory to three figures that is 1000+ connections. I would take you to be a serious connector once you reach 500+ connections and you will have meaningful engagement once you reach 1000+ connections.
- During your run for 1000 connections choose to send invites to people who are LION with over 3000+ connections. This will build your 2nd degree connections.
- Once you achieve 1000 connections milestone become choosy who you send invites to.
- LinkedIn gives you one time quota of 3000 invites to send hence use it wisely. Beyond 1000 connections; strategies … for every one invite sent ensure you receive 3 – 5 invites to connect.
- Send invites to your QUALITY connections wherein you want to build your industry tribe and criteria to send Quality invite should be – the connection belongs to your industry/Tribe followed by title i.e. Sales Manager, Sales Director and so on.
- Accept all invites and call them QUANTITY but….
- Avoid accepting invites with no photographs.
- Say No to invites that have less than 25 connections.
- If you must accept invite with less than 25 connections inventory than ensure that they share a common connection.
- One common question always pops up – “my boss sent me an invite and I have not accepted it” My response would be please accept your boss’s invite. By not accepting; you are violating professional ethics and secondly once you accept your boss invite request him for a recommendation.
Good luck on building your LinkedIn Network because YOUR NETWORK IS YOUR NETWORTH.