Next to making an impromptu public speech; job interview is the most stressful activity. In the job interview, you are expecting the unexpected. What if you prepare 80% of the unexpected ground at home and face the 20% unpredictable questions during the interview. Let me share Bullet proof tips to succeed in your next interview.
- RESEARCH: Research the Company, their Competition; Company employees, vision and mission. And to do so visit company web site, LinkedIn profiles, FB page and Twitter handle.
- INTRODUCTION: Prepare and practice your introduction. (Tell me about yourself)
- 5 QUESTIONS: Create and practice 5 obvious questions. (Why are you fit for the job)
- SUCCESS STORIES: Prepare your success stories that narrate your success; your weakness and how you overcame them.
- QUESTIONS FOR INTERVIEWER: Prepare two powerful questions to ask your interviewer.
- TIME: Reach before time for the interview.
- POWER POSTURE: Practice POWER POSTURE for 5 minutes before your interview. Research says people who practice power posture before interview are ranked higher in being selected.
- MUTE CELL PHONE: Put you cell phone on mute.
- HANDSHAKE: : When you enter the room pause at the entrance, give them the eye contact and move forward to extend a firm handshake.
- FOCUS RESPONSE: Practice and align your responses around the company and position being interviewed.
- SMILE : Smile and connect.
- SELF-DOUBT: Avoid touching your face when responding.
- FIDGETING: Avoid unnecessary gesture such as touching yourself, biting nails, touching imaginary lint or touching your hair.
- SLOUCHING: Avoid slouching or contracting your body. It makes you seem small.
- SIT TALL: Sit straight and tall with your hand on your thighs or on the table in front.
- ASK: When requested to ask for any clarifications; ask questions that you have practiced.
- CLOSE: Close, smile, leave with a firm shake hand and say thank you.
Good luck for your Interview.