Pre Email era when the customer said to call back in three weeks time. I would call back in three weeks and he would have forgotten our conversation.
Email era when the customer said to call back in three weeks. I would send him a thank you email, reiterating to call back in three weeks. I would call back and he would have still forgotten our conversation.
Social Media era when the customer said to call back in three weeks. I would send him a thank you email reiterating to call back in three weeks. I would also begin engaging him on Social Media platform on his INTENT DATA. I would engage his content. I would publish and share meaningful content that could help shape his decisions. Thus I would utilize this time to change my Image from a sales person to someone who is there to help, someone who is a subject matter expert (SME). And when I call him back he remembers our conversation and we also have intent data to take our discussions forward. This is a new paradigm of selling called SOCIAL SELLING.
The traditional Sales process is being disrupted for three simple reasons. And all play an important role because “ THE CHAIN IS AS STRONG AS THE WEAKEST LINK”
- Increased percentage of Millennials are coming in the global workforce. It’s estimated that by 2020 – 50% of the global workforce would be millennials. By 2025 – 75% of the global workforce would be millennials.
- Millennials are Digital natives and mobility addicted. They prefer to engage online and on mobile anytime and anywhere. They will invest with you provided you give them a better experience.
- An organization who engage online, mobile platform and provide an experience would be the winners of tomorrow.
- An Organization who engage on platform where customer are present would be the winner
- An organization who can educate the customer and help them make informed decisions would be winners.
- An organization who can remove the friction and create a flow in customer experience would be the winner of tomorrow.
- Technology is the enabler and at the core of technology are four pillars i.e. Internet, Cloud compute, Mobility and Social Media Platforms.
- There is a second layer of technology platforms called Innovation technologies such as Virtual reality, Augmented reality, Artificial Intelligence (Bots), Blockchain and 3D printing.
- The organization must learn and research core and innovation technologies. How they can be applied to enhance customers experiences. Such as VR to provide an experience of a walk through or comfort of their home. AR to help them make an informed decision at retails stores or online, Blockchain to reduce time and cost of exchange values or 3D printing to provide goods on demand.
So the question is are you engaging your customer online and mobile. Are you sharing meaningful content? Are you engaging them on intent data? And are you using right platform to deliver an enhanced experience? ? Are you reducing friction on customer engagement channels? If not – then the customer has the need but not interested to engage with you.
Remember “ THE CHAIN IS AS STRONG AS THE WEAKEST LINK”