What is common between HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum -Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, Ruler of Dubai and Narendra Modi – Prime Minister of India ? They are visionary leaders and have an iconic footprint on LinkedIn and Twitter to reach masses.
- HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum -Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai has 993K LinkedIn followers and has published 9 post on LinkedIn. HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum uses a visionary title “We are building a new reality for our people, a new future for our children, and a new model of development” whereas Twitter followers number 7.2 Million
- Narendra Modi – Prime Minister of India – has 1,975K LinkedIn followers and has published 32 posts whereas Twitter followers number 25.8 Million.
You may not have HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of followers but you have the channel to reach masses through your presence on LinkedIn and Twitter. Now the question is are you leveraging your presence on LinkedIn and Twitter to engage prospects?
80% of the global workforce can be reached through Social Media platforms. Secondly Social Media has shifted power from seller to purchaser. Purchaser chose to make informed decisions based on education, research and purchasing experiences formed online. And then with a click of mouse makes payment to receive goods/services delivered at the door steps. This paradigm shift has disrupted many industries including Travel, Taxi services (Uber, Careem), Airline booking (Makemytrip, Booking.com), Hospitality industry (AirBNB); Education (Coursera; Simplilearn; Udemy; Lynda) and others.
I am sharing five Social Selling building blocks to leverage your presence on LinkedIn and Twitter to engage purchasers in meaningful ways……..
- Identity : Three Ps – Photo, Profile and Pattern
- Credibility: Title, Endorsement, Recommendations
- Visibility: Change, Engagement and Reciprocation
- Network: Connections and Referrals
- Automation: Listening, Engagement, Publishing
IDENTITY: Your digital footprint (on LinkedIn and Twitter) and engagement pattern creates your Digital Identity.
- Photo: Look great when prospects google for you. Your professional background image and photo on LinkedIn/Twitter reflects your personality. It triggers recall whenever your prospects thinks about your services.
- Profile: Create your professional profile communicating how you help others.
- Behaviour: Your online engagement is your DNA that complements your Digital Identity.
CREDIBILITY: Your authority and Social proof reflects your Creditability
- Title: Your professional title contributes towards building your Authority influence. Bigger the title, bigger is the perceived Authority influence.
- Endorsements: Your endorsements are your Social Proof.
- Recommendation: Recommendation by meaningful professionals are powerful social proof that contributes towards building your credibility and Trust.
VISIBILITY: Engagement creates visibility and visibility creates opportunities.
- Change: A static profile spells doom hence continually update your profile with new accomplishment and achievements. ( Once or twice in a Quarter)
- Engagement: Engage prospects comments, Posts and blogs with Like, Share and meaningful Comments. ( Daily 2 – 3 times)
- Reciprocation: Acknowledge prospects Like, Share and comments with meaningful action. Also create and curate meaningful content. ( Daily 2 – 3 times)
NETWORK: Nurture, Nourish Your network through engagements.
- Connections: Nourish and nurture meaningful network, connect high and connect across industry to create a diversity in your network. ( Daily 4 – 6 connections)
- Referrals: Give referrals and get referrals. Tell your connections how do you help and request referrals. ( 3 – 6 referral a week)
- Your true network comprises of connections who helps you.
AUTOMATION: Double your time by using tools to research, Listen, Engage and Create/Curate Content
- Research: LinkedIn Navigator
- Listen: Hootsuite
- Engagement: Hootsuite, Buffer
- Content Creation: paper.lie; google alert