DUBAI workforce is reluctant to board Social Selling bandwagon and there are only two parties to be blamed EMPLOYER and EMPLOYEES. Let’s explore their common fears and apprehensions …
EMPLOYERS: A large % of companies in regulated industries block or prohibit SOCIAL MEDIA activity.
- Fear # 1: If we train team on Social Selling; they might leave the company.
- Fear # 2: Mindset – It’s a waste of time. My customers are not on Social Media Platform. Time spent on social selling could be better utilized on face to face selling or cold calling.
- Fear # 3 : I can measure ROI on traditional selling methods such as calls per day, visits per day, proposal submitted per day. But how do we measure ROI on Social Selling?
- Fear # 4: I don’t have control. What if my team makes a silly mistake, it may hurt our company BRAND.
- Fear # 5: Ignorance – I don’t know where to begin?
- What are the channels or social networks to use?
- What content and format to use?
- What types of messaging and tone of voice works best ?
- What days/time of day is best to post?
- Who, when, How and where to Connect?
- Fear # 6 : Fear of change; Fear of unknown. Why mess with a working sales system?
EMPLOYEES: A large % of reps say they don’t know how to use SOCIAL MEDIA effectively, which suggests a training need.
- Fear # 1: I don’t want my employer to know what I am doing on Social Media Platform.
- Fear # 2: My boss sent me an invite; I don’t want to connect with him. He may be spying on me.
- Fear # 3 : My company might think I am wasting time or looking for a job.
- Fear # 4 : Assumption: Ahh! LinkedIn is an online resume.
- Fear # 5 : Ignorance – I don’t know how to “Social Sell”
- Fear # 6 : Fear of change; Fear of unknown. Why change a working sales system?
Social Selling is the new pipe that channels inbound and outbound traffic. It allow you to do more sales prospecting in a single day than you’d likely complete in a week using traditional tools. But scale is one dimension because Social Selling delivers a host of additional benefits unattainable with traditional outbound selling techniques. Hence get on Social Selling.